Monday, March 2, 2015

Sad songs

I like sad songs
I always have
It does not mean that I am a sad person
Just that I can empathize with the lyrics and emotions of the songs 

I typically write when I am sad or in a down mood
But I don't necessarily write sad things
I have written beautiful, positive things when I have felt at my lowest
I think it is because when we are down
We are more honest with ourselves, and
More in touch with our true emotions 

It is at those times that I just write what is in my heart
I write the words what are trying to escape from my fingers 
And I don't hold back or try to block any of it
I allow my heart and soul to take over

Maybe that means that when I am happy
Or content, as is my typical mood
That I am holding myself back 
Holding back my true emotions
Stifling my heart and soul

Why is that
Why do I, Why do we
Fear and stifle happiness and embrace sadness
Do I not feel worthy of this
Do I fear that opening myself to such positive feelings will leave me open to being hurt
I have never felt afraid to be happy
But deep down, do I fear it

I don't know
I like being happy
I don't consciously block happiness

This is not just a post of what I am thinking
It is a question for any who would read this
What do you think
What do you feel

2015.03.03
I may add to this later if I feel the urge
But please share you thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment